Todd and I ran the Monument 10K this year. This race is huge with 40,000 runners and tons of spectators. We had a lot of fun and it turned out to be a prefect day. We lucked out with blue skies and sunny weather and being able to park just a few blocks from the starting line, thanks to having a church building near by and President Anderson unlocking the parking lot for us. The race made us both realize how we need to get back into shape.

I tried to convince Todd he should be running with these guys because the top finishers won cash prizes. However, due to not training since he ran for Weber State, he chose to run with me instead. Maybe next year...
This is a little preview of what the race is like! Lots of runners, people in costumes, crazy VCU fans, bands on every corner, and tons of people cheering you on!
And of course....
to our family and friends back home, this is where Todd goes to school!
WAY TO GO VCU!!
Final Four!

It was sad to see them lose but it was sure exciting to be here


I've heard the monument 10k is great! I haven't started running post-baby yet but I need to start. Maybe I'll sign up next year:) Looks like you are enjoying Richmond?
ReplyDelete