April 23, 2011

Old Rag

Todd and I decided to go hike Old Rag Mountain last week. We had heard from a lot of people out here about this hike so we decided to see for ourselves. The weather was beautiful and the hike was awesome.Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Towards the top, there's a rock scramble and in some parts I was on my hands and feet trying to get around rocks!  There are huge boulders, rock crevasses, a staircase carved into the rock, and many places where you have to decide to go over, under or around the rocks! When we read about the hike, it said it was strenuous but we thought, how strenuous can a mountain that is only 3291 feet high be.  It didn't help that some of the rock was wet so it was pretty slippery but it made for a fun adventure.  We loved it! The rock scramble made the hike much more exciting! 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We recommend this hike!! There are two ways up so if you have kids, I would probably avoid the rock scramble but the hike was awesome and the view is beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. that looks like such a fun hike! I wish the weather was nicer here so we could finally get out!

    ReplyDelete