I never planned on running a marathon. A half marathon, 10k, 5k... yes, that's prefect, sign me up! I have a bucket list and running a marathon is not on it. However, my husband had a different idea. Last New Year's Eve, we were talking with some friends and she said she had just signed up for the Richmond Marathon. I said I thought that was awesome and the next thing I knew, Todd had signed me up. Apparently he thought that I meant I wanted to run it! That marathon wasn't until November and so I just kept telling him that a lot can change in 11 months so he may be running instead. Well the months went by and I had no excuse of why I couldn't run. So the training began...
On November 12th, I ran the Richmond Marathon.
I'm glad I did it but I'm SO glad it's over!!
At the start with Catherine, not really knowing what was coming.
But, it was nice to run and talk with someone!
But, it was nice to run and talk with someone!
Todd was very supportive and I was able to see him at different points in the race. Some of my coworkers even came out to support me. It definitely helped seeing people cheering me on. After we got home, Todd gave me this gift from my parents and him. It was a day at the spa and it was amazing!






What a great accomplishment, seriously, way to go! I'm sure that spa treatment was heavenly after such a feat. {Did you eat McDonalds while you ran? That was the whole appeal, right? :)}
ReplyDeleteYou did so great! I'm seriously proud of you! And I'm glad Todd finally caught on to the whole race weekend idea. I'll have to hint to matt that you got a spa treatment....
ReplyDelete