April 5, 2012

Remembering Mo...

Photobucket
A coworker of mine recently passed away in a tragic car accident.  Today, I was able to attend a memorial service in her honor and left feeling extremely grateful that I was able to know her and work with her.  Mo was a very loving, compassionate, and selfless person and truly cared for other people.  As the chaplain spoke at her memorial, he talked a lot about her "work family" and the countless number of hours she spent there caring for other people.  I am happy to know that I was part of her "work family" and am very blessed that I was able to work along side her.  She truly treated me as family and was always looking out for me.  Not a week went by without her asking how my husband was doing in school and how my family back home was doing.  She even called me "KK" just like my family does.  She was a great example to me and taught me many things about life and about being a nurse.  She was always smiling and laughing and made work a much brighter place to be.  The night before she passed away, I was suppose to be on call for work.  She knew I had family coming into town so she took my call so I could spend time with them.  I wish I could have returned the favor for her.  Remember, life is fragile so we need to make the most of each day.  Miss you, Mo... 
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry Kayli. :( Hugs and prayers headed your way.

    ReplyDelete