May 7, 2012

"I think I'll go to Boston..."

March 29th- April 1st
Todd's parents came out to visit us during the end of March.  Todd's dad, Bryan had schedule to help administer and grade the dental board licensing exam in Boston so they came out early to spend some days in Richmond.  We love it when family comes to visit and we were definitely spoiled.  I was lucky enough to have the weekend off of work when they were heading to Boston so I was able to tag along.  While Bryan was at the school all day, Ann and I were able to explored the city.  I loved Boston.  It's a fun city full of American History.  The weather was cold unlike a few weeks later when they ran the Boston Marathon.  That didn't stop us though.  Thanks to the Old Town Trolley we were able to see just about everything!  

Photobucket

Fenway Park
Photobucket 
Baseball season hadn't started yet but we were able to tour the park.  Fenway Park is celebrating their 100th year anniversary this year.  

Boston Public Garden
Photobucket
Home to Mr. and Mrs. Mallard and their 8 ducklings from the book, Make Way for Ducklings

The Freedom Trail
Photobucket
Photobucket
The Old State House, Faneuil Hall, and the site of the Boston Massacre

Paul Revere and the Old North ChurchPhotobucket
Photobucket
"One if by land, two if by sea..."

Granary Burying Grounds
Photobucket Photobucket

Bunker Hill Monument 
  Photobucket
Photobucket
We were able to climb the 294 steps to the top of the monument.  It left us both very sore for the rest of the day.
 
USS Constitution- Old Ironsides
The oldest commissioned warship still afloat todayPhotobucketPhotobucket
We were able to go aboard and see what life would be like as a sailor.  I learned that I wouldn't have made a good one.  The living quarters were so small.  Luckily for my mother-in-law, being 5 foot even was the prefect height for down below.

 Harvard Square

Photobucket

Thank you Bryan and Ann for such a fun trip!  

3 comments:

  1. Oh brrr it looks like it was cold. You got some awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it was such an awesome trip! It makes me want to go to Boston!! I love all of your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of Ann makes me laugh :) only she would fit under there! Looks like a lot of fun! I'll have to tag along next time!

    ReplyDelete