July 9, 2012

Step 1 Boards + Tornado = Worst Day Ever

Photobucket 
(picture taken from the internet)

Todd was scheduled to take Step 1 Boards for Medical School on June 25th. This is pretty much the BIGGEST test of medical school. He had been studying 12+ hours a day for weeks for this test. So the test day came and so did a tornado. Yes, a tornado! We live in Virginia! I had no idea Virginia even had tornados. He was on section 6 out of 7 and was almost done with the test when the tornado came through Richmond. It was the craziest storm. Blue skies one minute and then they turned black and so did his computer screen at the testing center. The power went out. And it didn't look like it was coming back on any time soon. 

 We (and a few of our's friends that were taking the test that day) all had flights booked to fly out the next day. We had booked a trip to St Kitts (an island in Todd's mission) for a nice and relaxing post boards vacation. Well after a lot of phone calls, emails, and not knowing what to do, Todd's professor told him we should still go on the trip since we probably wouldn't find out for a few days what was going to happen. 

Long story short... We found out that Todd has to retake the test. Yes, the whole thing. The school is being as helpful as they can and rearranging their schedule for third year so they can have another crunch month prior to taking it. We should find out this week his new test date, which will probably be sometime in August. 

So to sum it up... Step 1 Boards + Tornado = Worst Day EVER!!! 
However, we did go on our trip and still had a great time! (post coming soon...)

 Also, since we've lived in Virginia, we have experienced hurricanes, an earthquake and now a tornado. Who knew the weather was crazy here! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, that SUCKS! I would cry if I had to retake my boards over when I was so close to being done...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that is scary, we get tornadoes in colorado too, who knew?! so scary, that BLOWS that todd has to retake his test! man, that is horrible, good luck to him the second time around! I wish you could meet Elsie too! I will be in Utah until july 20th-ish, when are you coming out? I know you come for your bday and jackson, let me know! that would be awesome if I could see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather is crazy there- it was great for getting out of school when I was little but not so fun when it interferes with boards. Sorry Todd that sucks. At least you got to take your trip- can't wait to see pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kayli..... i am sorry for todd, but i think i am more sorry for you! having to deal with a board studying fool of a husband for another month! no thank you. good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete