This year I ran the Richmond Half Marathon. Knowing I was already pregnant and would be 16 weeks along, I was a little hesitate to sign up. But I had already told my friend, Paige I would run with her and I'm glad I did it. Early morning training runs are a lot easier with friends.
Paige, Heather, Mary (Heather's friend) and I all started the race together. I assumed they would ditch me early on but they were sweet enough to run along with me. They even waited for me with all my bathroom breaks. They definitely made the race much easier for me. Around mile 9, we all split up and unfortunately I didn't see Heather and Mary at the finish line so no pictures of all of us.
Paige, Heather, Mary (Heather's friend) and I all started the race together. I assumed they would ditch me early on but they were sweet enough to run along with me. They even waited for me with all my bathroom breaks. They definitely made the race much easier for me. Around mile 9, we all split up and unfortunately I didn't see Heather and Mary at the finish line so no pictures of all of us.
I felt pretty good during the race until the end. The finish line was at the bottom of a pretty steep downhill and that didn't feel very good. My OB said I was fine running the half as long as I made sure I stayed hydrated. I stopped at all the drink stations and made sure I was drinking plenty of water. However, I had to stop for multiple bathroom breaks because of it!!
My family and all my coworkers were concerned that I was going to run being pregnant, even though its totally fine! So my coworkers insisted on me taking the doppler home from work again to listen to the heart beat after the race to make sure everything was okay. They were all anxiously awaiting the text that the heartbeat was strong and the race went well!
My family and all my coworkers were concerned that I was going to run being pregnant, even though its totally fine! So my coworkers insisted on me taking the doppler home from work again to listen to the heart beat after the race to make sure everything was okay. They were all anxiously awaiting the text that the heartbeat was strong and the race went well!
Post race: so happy to be done!

No comments:
Post a Comment