June 14, 2010

McKay Dee 5K

McKay Dee Hospital (where I am currently working) is celebrating 100 years of healing this year. They held a 5K on Saturday in honor of their celebration. I convinced my husband, dad and brother to run in it with me. However, I had no idea that Saturday would bring horrible weather. It was so windy and rained off and on throughout the race. And the course was uphill against the wind.

We still had fun though. They provide patient gowns for us to run in. They definitely kept us warmer. We ran from the old, old Dee Hospital that is now a park, along Harrison to the old McKay Dee Hospital, which has been knocked down and only the surgical center is left, to the new McKay Dee Hospital. I met up with my friend Jordan who ran with me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment