September 29, 2010

Elder Nathan Kapple

Today my brother, Nathan, entered the MTC.  I am so sad I wasn't able to be there with him as he was set apart as a missionary last night and when my family dropped him off at the MTC today.  As I sit here and write this, I have tears in my eyes.  I'm so excited for him and know that he will be an amazing missionary but it's still hard to say goodbye.  I'm so proud of him and the choices he has made throughout his life.  He has always been such a good example to me and a great brother and friend.  I know he is doing the right thing and I am so grateful for his willingness to serve.

Todd and I were able to fly back to Utah for his farewell on September 19th.  Todd's trip was really short but I'm glad he was there with me.  I stayed a few days longer and was able to spend some more time with my family.

While we were in Utah, my parents treated us to dinner at The Roof, one of our favorite restaurants in Salt Lake! I love the food, the scenery, and the creme brulee!  
After dinner we all walked around Temple Square.  The Temple grounds are so beautiful!

Nathan did an amazing job at his farewell.  He spoke on Obedience and how studying the Book of Mormon has strengthen his testimony.  He has a strong testimony of the gospel and I know he will touch many lives.  

Todd flew out Sunday night because he had a class Monday afternoon he needed to go to.  However, he left one day to early because my dad surprised my brother and had his friend bring up his Ferrari to our house so Nate could go on a drive! First my dad and brother took off but then Nate came back and picked me up and we cruised around.  I even drove it! (I went really slow though!)

I also had the opportunity to go to the Salt Lake Temple for an endowment session.  I had never been to a session there before and it was a neat experience.  We also did a few sealings as a family afterwards. 

This time it was really hard to leave.  I keep telling myself it will get easier but saying goodbye to Nate was hard.  I was able to Skype with him and my family last night one final time.  I'm so proud of him and know he is doing the right thing.  The people in Honduras are so lucky to have him for the next two years.  
Good Luck and We Love You Elder Kapple!
The Church is True, See You in Two!  

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet post, made me get teary-eyed and reminded me of when I sent my brothers off for their missions, it is def. a bittersweet experience! Thank heavens for mail and e-mail so we can keep in touch with them and hear all about their missions. I am sure you miss him a lot already-if you every need anything let me know! Virginia is so LUCKY to have YOU for the next four years!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lara. This made me think of sending off my brother! SOO bittersweet. It really does go by fast though! Im glad you got to go out to say goodbye, sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how exciting! that is so crazy that he's gone, i'm sorry! it's not fun sending out missionary brothers but its totally worth it of course! cute nate, he's going to be a great missionary.

    ReplyDelete